Rush Munro’s Spring Racing Carnival - Makfi Challenge Stakes Premier Race Day
1 September 2012
The first day of the trifecta of racing is the day when the sound of hoof beats awakens us all from the slumber of winter. The excitement of Group I racing rings the bell and the racing fraternity get their first taste of what promises to be yet another superb season of racing.
The first leg of the Spring Racing Triple Crown is the Group 1 $200,000 Makfi Challenge Stakes. As expected all of the big guns of NZ Racing have shown their cards and are coming to Hastings to do battle.
As well as hot racing action this is a great family day out with something to tickle everyone’s fancy. We have free children’s entertainment including bouncy castles, mini jeeps and face painting, along with a scrumptious sausage sizzle. Of course the adults are not forgotten, there will be a food precinct, and the opportunity to get up close and personal with the best horseflesh around. What a way to get out and enjoy the best that the Bay has to offer!
Limited BYO ok on the day
- General Admission $10
- Stand Entry Tickets $30
- Under 15’s FREE
- Spring Carnival Three Day Pass $25
Feature Race Days
- Stockies Raceday - Season Finale 18 July 2019
- Tarzino Trophy TAB Daffodil Raceday - BOSTOCK New Zealand Spring Racing Carnival 31 August 2019
- Windsor Park Plate - BOSTOCK New Zealand Spring Racing Carnival 21 September 2019
- Livamol Classic - BOSTOCK New Zealand Spring Racing Carnival 5 October 2019
- Christmas at the Races ft F.A.W.C 10 November 2019
- Twilight Christmas at the Races 11 December 2019